Too early to make predictions for the Cactus Rose 100-mile race? Probably. But I'm so eagerly anticipating the race, I can't stop myself. Having never run, crewed, volunteered at, or even spectated a 100-mile race before, I really don't know what to expect. But of course I do have expectations. I'm guessing that after the race is over, I'll look back at what I'm writing now and laugh at my ignorance, and I'm guessing that anyone who has run 100-milers is already laughing at my naivete. So here's your laugh for the day:
What I expect at Cactus Rose:
1. The unexpected.
2. Sotol scratches. Bring it!
3. To consume at least half a bottle of ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
5. Lots of hugs. At least I hope so! I will definitely need them.
6. To fall. If I don't fall at least four times, I will be surprised.
7. To see lots of friends, and hopefully make some new friends.
8. Lots of prayer.
9. To have moments of doubt, bordering on despair, but also moments of hope and joy (hopefully more of the latter).
10. To award myself a chocolate milkshake when it's all over. And a cookie. A big cookie.